Evolving data protection laws combined with technological advances and the internationalisation of markets offer enormous career opportunities for people with a legal background. You will have the opportunity to unleash your potential at our tech-oriented law firm. We strongly believe in life-long learning and enabling our people to grow. Individual development opportunities throughout your journey are important to us.
As a paralegal at activeMind.legal, you will help companies and international corporations to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and relevant national data protection laws. You will directly support our legal team and our clients to implement the required measures and assist clients to stay innovative and competitive. You can look forward to working with a wide range of companies and projects in different sectors.
To help you to develop in this role, you will receive comprehensive on-the-job-training, including on-site training (if necessary, in Germany) as well as industry and internationally recognised certifications in data protection law, IT security and in state of the art security technology.
We pride ourselves on having created an environment that empowers and rewards all employees and recognises their achievements. A thorough on-boarding process is important to your success, and we know how to best support you. In addition to a friendly team, and helpful colleagues, an experienced mentor is available when needed.
Furthermore, you will benefit from regular team events, activities for your well-being, flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home or part-time. You will also love our modern and well-equipped office in the heart of London.
As a paralegal at activeMind.legal, you will support our legal team and help us to work with companies and corporations from the UK, EU and around the world. We focus on international data protection and data protection in the context of UK-EU business cooperation.
In your role, you will help us to build our team at our new location in London and actively shape our international law firm. This data protection position represents a pioneering role in the UK, where you will be able to rely on tried-and-tested processes from Germany that have been customised for the British market. In light of changes that will come into effect from January 2021, this is an exciting challenge and area where you can personally make a difference by contributing to a higher standard of data protection worldwide.
In this position, you will support our clients from our office in London as well as on-site at their business premises. This process will entail reviewing the data protection measures that are in place and training executives, management and employees.
- You are an experienced paralegal with a solid understanding of applicable European and local privacy laws and regulations
- Educated to degree level with minimum of 2:1
- LPC is essential
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organisational skills with an enthusiastic and proactive approach to your work
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to adapt to new situations and work environments
- English native speaker
- You are proficient in German (spoken and written) and fluency in additional languages is a plus
- A resilient and confident attitude when dealing directly with clients
- You are willing to travel to Germany for the initial training period and for future training courses
- You are a confident and articulate communicator with the ability to work autonomously
- You are a life-long learner
- A high level of proficiency in MS Office
- Data privacy related certification is an advantage but we will provide it if necessary
- A high degree of personal initiative and team spirit
- You can think outside the box
- When we ask about ‘entrepreneurial spirit’, you know exactly what we mean
- You have a sense of humour and are sociable