Want to be a forerunner in data protection law?
Want to be a forerunner in data protection law?
We provide consulting and legal services to companies and corporations from Europe and around the world on all matters of international data protection. Working together with our clients on-site, we do not only enable them to comply with EU data protection law and national data protection regulations but also turn data protection into a true competitive advantage for their customers and contractors.
Lawyer (m/f/d) specialised in data protection
Data protection laws combined with technological advancement and the internationalisation of markets currently offer lawyers enormous development opportunities. You have the possibility to unleash your potential at our tech-oriented law firm. We strongly believe in the value of life-long learning and enabling our people to grow. Individual development opportunities throughout your journey are vital to us.
As a lawyer at activeMind.legal, you will enable companies and international corporations to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the respective national data protection laws at all locations. During this process, you will directly support our clients with implementing the required measures and assist them in staying innovative and competitive. You can look forward to a wide range of industries, clients and projects.
To master this role, you will receive comprehensive on-the-job-training, on-site practice (if necessary, in Germany) as well as industry and internationally recognised certifications in data protection law, IT security and in the current security technologies in use.
We pride ourselves on having created an environment that empowers and rewards all employees and recognises their achievements. A thorough on-boarding process is important to your success, and we know how to best support you. In addition to the power of team spirit, helpful and committed colleagues, useful tools and the latest technology in use, an experienced mentor is available whenever needed.
Furthermore, you will benefit from regular team events, activities for your well-being, flexible working hours and the possibility of working from your home or on a parental part-time schedule. You will also love our modern and well-equipped office in the heart of London.
As a lawyer at activeMind.legal, you will consult companies and corporations from the UK, EU and around the world. The focus of the legal consultation is on international data protection and data protection laws in other (European) countries.
In your role, you will help us build our team at our new location in London and actively shape our international law firm. This data protection position represents a pioneering role in Great Britain, where you will be able to rely on tried-and-tested processes from Germany that have been customised for the British clientele. In light of the upcoming Brexit, this is an exciting challenge and area where you can personally make a difference by contributing to a higher standard of data protection worldwide.
In your position, you will support our clients from our office in London as well as on-site at their premises. This process will entail reviewing the implemented data protection measures and training executives, management and employees. Most of the time you will be appointed as our clients’ external data protection officer or EU representative and will act as the primary point of contact for data protection breaches, complaints and enquiries.
- You are an experienced lawyer with a solid understanding of applicable European and local privacy laws and regulations.
- You feel comfortable working in an environment with a broad range of specialisations and responsibilities.
- You are able to provide subject matter expertise on any changes during the customer journey.
- You enjoy occasional customer visits and putting them to the test.
- You are willing to travel to Germany for the initial training period and for future training courses.
- You have good spoken and written proficiency in German and English for the workplace; fluency in additional languages is a plus.
- You are a curious, confident and articulate communicator with the ability to work autonomously.
- You are a life-long learner.
- Proven IT skills are a plus.
- We would be happy to see any data privacy related certification – otherwise we will prepare you to take the certification!
- You are able to train executives, management and employees.
- A high degree of personal initiative and team spirit is not only listed in your CV.
- You can think out of the box.
- When we ask about ‘entrepreneurial spirit’, you know exactly what we mean.
- You have a sense of humour and are sociable.